Director of Youth Ministry (Roanoke, VA)
Compensation: Negotiable upon candidate interview.
Employment type: part-time
The Youth Ministry Director will lead the Youth Ministry at Christ Our Redeemer Community Church. As the primary proponent for the ministry, the Director will work as a team member of the Youth Ministry Council to develop and support ministry volunteers, plan all aspects of the ministry, and lead youth to faith in Christ and a growing relationship with Him. This is a part-time position.B. KEY RELATIONSHIPS & SCOPE
The Director will:
1. Be accountable to the Elders under the church’s Constitution
2. Report to a designated Elder
3. Supervise volunteer leaders working with our youth
4. Lead the Youth Ministry Council
5. Plan and direct the Youth Ministry for students in grades 6-12
6. Lead students to saving knowledge of Christ, growth in grace, and maturity in the foundations of discipleship
a. Plans and directs small group gatherings, extra-curricular events, retreats, and mission/missional activities.
b. Leads youth to saving knowledge of Christ, growth in grace, and as growing disciples of Christ, including: learning Biblical truths, developing Christian worldview, developing spiritual disciplines, participating in missional and missions ministries, learning what it means to follow Christ as a teenager, and developing a strong foundation for life after graduation.
c. Supports parents, who are primarily responsibility for the spiritual growth of their children.
1. Philosophy: through planned gatherings, activities, and cultivated relationships, oversee a pedagogy that familiarizes students with the content and application of the Bible
2. Operational Role: recruit, screen, train, support and coach volunteers who work with our youth
3. Coordination: work as a team member in partnership and mutual submission to other ministries, staff and leaders at Redeemer
a. Passionately pursue students!
b. Strive to promote a visible unity in an intentional diversity
c. Support parents, who bear primary responsibility for the spiritual growth of their children
d. Through hands-on missional and missions activities, cultivate awareness, interest, and passion for God’s work in the world
e. Develop in students a broad understanding of their faith, enabling them to realize that it impacts every aspect of life
f. Exercise discernment, wisdom and discretion when ministry volunteers are involved in response to sensitive family issues regarding children in the ministry
D. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. Have a demonstrated heart for teens
2. Be a mature and growing disciple of Jesus with a good knowledge of Scripture
3. Have experience leading a youth ministry: coordinating activities, leading volunteers, teaching and discipling students
4. Have gifts in training and coaching volunteers
5. Have demonstrated gifts in administration
6. Experience working on teams as a recognized team player
7. Must be in essential agreement with Redeemer’s Vision, theological statement,
and CORe Values and the philosophy of Youth Ministry. We will expect the
Director to join and become an active participant in the life of the church.